In this tutorial, we will explain how to illustrate a white hat. You will see color manipulating and discover your ability for creating this hat with a few simple steps.
I hope this tutorial is attractive and easy for you. Let’s get started!
1. Draw a simple sketch (as shown) using the Pen tool from the tool box. Use the Direct Selection tool and select its nodes to form the sketch.
2. Design the side band using the directions given in Step 1.
3. Add the crown and crease of the hat.
4. Draw a separate crease and complete the hat design.
5. Fill the hat’s base with the color (C=14, M=26, Y=38, K=40).
10. You can select the appropriate color by double-clicking on each gradient or by using certain numbers.
11. Set the colors from left to right, respectively, in the pallet.
(C=50, M=69, Y=80, K=73)
(C=50, M=69, Y=80, K=19)
(C=50, M=69, Y=80, K=93)
(C=50, M=69, Y=80, K=73)
12. Use the Gradient Mesh tool for the body of the hat. This tool creates the beautiful notches and noticeable parts in the hat. Select the object and select the Create Gradient Mesh tool from the Object menu. Set the values as shown.
14. Select the left nodes using the Direct Selection tool from the tool box and by double-clicking on the color tool from the bottom of the tool box to fill them with the color (C=15, M=31, Y=47, K=53).
15. Select right nodes and fill them with the color (C=11, M=19, Y=40, K=54).
18. Select the nodes (hold the shift key and select node with the direct selection tool) and fill them with the color (C=7, M=7, Y=17, K=2).
19. Adjust the node locations.
20. Create new nodes for making bright edges and fill them with the color (C=10, M=8, Y=23, K=0).
21. Make the crown’s upper edges darker. To complete this action, select and paint them (C=10, M=8, Y=23, K=24).
22. Select the base and fill it with the color (C=10, M=10, Y=25, K=26).
26. Select the crease nodes and fill them with the color (C=10, M=8, Y=23 K=0).
28. Fill the hat’s base with the appropriate color. For this action, create a node on the upper edge using the Gradient Mesh tool from the tool box first, and then fill it with the color (C=13, M=13, Y=28, K=10) by selecting Direct Selection.
36. Draw a rectangle and fill it with the appropriate color. If the object was located on the hat, move it to the back using the Send to Back item from the Object/Arrange menu to trim it from under hat.
37. Use the Gradient tool for creating the appropriate shape, and add light and dark green colors to this design.
You are finished! The hat is complete!